1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are received on a terminal from a visited website and are used to register certain browsing interactions with a website by storing data that can be refreshed and recovered. These files are stored in the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that is not harmful to your computer. They are used to remind the site about user’s preferences, with the selected language, access data or personalization of the site.
Cookies can also be used to register anonymous information about how a visitor uses the site. For example, from what site the user has accessed the site, or if he or she has used an advertising “banner” to get there.
Our sites can also have links to social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube,…). Webflip.exchange does not control cookies used by these external sites. For more information on social network sites or other third-party sites, we advise you to check their own cookies policy.
3. What use do we make of the different types of cookies?
According to their aim:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies are indispensable and are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and the use of several options and services it provides. For example, those that are used for the maintenance of the session, management of response time, performance or option validation, using security elements, sharing contents on social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow the user to specify and personalize some characteristics of the general options on the Webpage. For example, define the language, setting the region or type of browser.
- Analytic cookies: Analytic cookies are used by our Websites in order to create browsing profiles and be able to know the site user’s preferences with the aim to improve our products and services. For example, through cookie analytics, we can control the user’s geographic areas of interest, which is the most popular product, etc.
- Advertisement cookies: Advertisement cookies allow the control of advertisement spaces according to specific criteria. For example, access frequency edited content, etc. Cookies allow us to store behaviour information through advertisement management by observation of usage habits, studying forms of access and creating a user preference profile, to offer the profile access to related advertisements according to interests.
According to lifespan:
- Session cookies: Session cookies are those that last as long as the user is browsing around the Website and are deleted when finished.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on the user’s terminal, for a longer period of time, making it easy to control chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters every time the Website is visited.
4. What happens if I don’t want these cookies or don’t do anything about it?
To comprise with current legislation, we have to ask for your permission to manage cookies. If you decide not to authorize the treatment indicating you don’t agree, we’ll only use technical cookies, as they are necessary to browse around our site. In this case, we won’t store any cookies. If you keep on browsing around our site without declining the authorization, this implies you accept their use.
You should take into account that if you discard or delete browsing cookies from Webflip.exchange site, we won’t be able to keep your preferences, some characteristics of the pages will not be operative, we won’t be able to offer you personalized services and every time you browse on our website we’ll have to ask for cookie use authorization again.
If however, you decide to modify the settings of your access on our Webpage, you must know that it’s possible to get rid of the cookies or stop information from being registered on your device at any time though the change of setting parameters on your browser:
- Internet Explorer cookies settings
- Firefox cookies settings
- Google Chrome cookies settings
- Safari cookies settings
These browsers are subject to updates or changes, which is why we cannot guarantee that they completely adjust to your version of browser. You can also use another browser that is not mentioned in these links such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these mismatches, you can access the options on your browser directly, which is generally found on the Options menu, within the “Privacy” section. (Please, ask for help from your browser for more information).
5. Is the data collected on the cookies used on different Webflip.exchange sites?
Some of our cookies are used to generate advertisements on third-party networks or to create analytics for which we use external tools to Webflip.exchange. The cookies used are for exclusive Webflip.exchange use. The information of which will never be sold under any circumstances.
6. So, what does the information previously given mean?
If you accept our cookies, it allows us to improve the Webflip.exchange site to offer you optimal access and give you an efficient and personalized service.
Moreover, you can set your browser to establish that all trusted sites or pages you are browsing around at this moment can manage cookies, which allows us to select your preferences.
Providing this policy, Webflip.exchange shows compromise acquired with current legislation on cookie usage, giving you information so you can understand the type of cookies we use and why we do so. With this, we aim to be clear when it comes to how data is used when browsing around our site with your device.
This policy will be revised periodically to assure its validity, which is why it can be modified. We recommend you visit the page regularly, where we’ll keep you informed on any update regarding this subject.
7. Where can I get more information?
If you need more information of cookies directives, please check the Information Commissioner’s office site on http://www.ico.gov.uk